Heart & Vascular Center
Heart and vascular disease are serious and, though many people don’t realize it, they are closely related. Heart disease, or cardiovascular disease, is a condition that reduces blood flow to your heart. Vascular disease, or peripheral vascular disease, is a similar condition that reduces blood flow to your extremities and your brain. Reduced blood flow deprives your body of oxygen and can permanently damage muscles and vital organs. Treatment restores that blood flow. If you have one of these conditions you are more likely, also, to have the other.
Our program supports:
- Cardiac diagnostics,
- Emergency treatment of heart attacks and conditions
- Cardiac catheterizations and primary angioplasty, and
- Impella Left Ventricular Devices
- Other device implantation
- Cardiac rehabilitation and
- Congestive Heart Failure management
- Complex and minimally invasive vascular surgery
What makes our program different?
- We are the first program in Massachusetts to be accredited by the American College of Cardiologists, and the only program accredited in three areas: Chest Pain, Interventional Catheterization, and Congestive Heart Failure. We are one of only a handful of programs nationwide to receive the HeartCare Center of Excellence distinction and were one of the first programs in the nation to ever receive this distinction.
- We were also the first hospital in the region to have a Pulmonary Embolism Response Team to quickly and effectively respond to this deadline condition involving a blood clot in the lung.
- Our vascular surgeons operate in the only Hybrid Surgical Suite in the region, which supports the ability to perform complex arterial surgeries switching seamlessly from minimally invasive to traditional surgical techniques.
To reach the team at Lawrence General’s Heart and Vascular program, please call 978-946-8564, or email HeartandVascularCenter@lawrencegeneral.org.