Defining the Perfect Patient Experience
We learn about patient expectations from the patient satisfaction surveys that are mailed to your home after discharge. We may also reach out to you via text, phone call, or email. Our Patient Experience team dives into the surveys and shares important comments from patients with staff, to help us improve.
Convenient Patient Surveys
Effective January 2020, Lawrence General upgraded its patient survey operations for more timely and convenient survey completions. Now, each patient receives a brief survey on their phone, by text, email, or U.S. mail just a few days after being discharged. We use this valuable feedback to improve the patient experience for everyone.
Improving the Patient Experience
We have made a number of changes at Lawrence General to improve the patient experience.
- Outpatients will enjoy modern, bright clinic spaces at sites on Marston Street, and at Andover Medical Center on Rt 133 and the Andover/North Andover YMCA.
- Inpatients are cared for in bright, newly renovated adult/medical surgical units.
- To promote a healing environment, the lights dim during quiet hours on our new adult medical/surgical units and gentle reminder signs glow to encourage quiet voices.
- Many of our providers are bilingual or multilingual and medical interpreters are available in-house.
- Groups of caregivers are meeting routinely to further analyze patient comments and better define the patient experience and their role in making it the best it can be.
Tell Us How We Are Doing
You can help us improve the patient experience by giving us feedback either during your visit, or on the survey when it comes. Your honest assessment of your care experience will help us to improve for other patients going forward.
If you have feedback you’d like to share now, we would be happy to hear from you now!
Share your patient experience on our Facebook page and learn more about our activities in the community and our amazing employees, and get helpful information about your health! If you liked your patient experience, we hope you’ll like us on Facebook
and follow us on Twitter