Limited Visiting Hours: 12 – 2 pm and 4 – 6 pm, daily
Lawrence General has updated its visitor policy due to increasing community spread of COVID-19. These measures have been made to protect the health and safety of patients and staff. The new policy is effective on Monday, November 9.
- Visitors must be screened for possible COVID-19 infection.
- No visitors under the age of 18 years old are allowed in the hospital. People waiting to visit a patient should wait outside, rather than in hospital waiting rooms, until the time of their visit.
- This means no visitors are allowed for adult patients. Surgical services, intensive care, end of life, labor and delivery, and pediatric patients are exceptions.
- Intensive Care Unit: Each patient will be allowed one adult visitor over the age of 18. The visit can last up to 30 minutes. The visitor will remain the same person throughout the duration of a patient’s stay.
- End of Life Patient: Each patient that is negative for COVID-19 and has reached end of life is allowed two adult visitors over the age of 18. The visit can last up to 60 minutes. The visitors will remain the same persons throughout the duration of the patient’s stay.
- Screening completed by hospital personnel
- Mask covering nose and mouth
- Hand sanitizer applied