Donations of Goods for Hospitalized Patients
Lawrence General Hospital patients enjoy the generous attention of many community groups and individuals, often around the holidays, who raise money and assemble gifts for hospitalized patients. Whether you are interested in donating toys for hospitalized children, or purchased hats and gloves for Emergency Center patients, Lawrence General has put the following guidelines in place to assist the public in considering donations, and the hospital staff in accepting, managing and distributing these thoughtful donations to our patients.
- Gifts for patient units should be new, non-perishable and in original packaging.
- We cannot accept items that are gift wrapped, have been recalled or have expiration dates.
- The patient audience should be considered when donating gifts. For example, if donating to pediatric patients, the gift should be something patients can take home to enjoy, new and in unopened original packaging.
- Handmade goods must be professionally cleaned, individually packaged and free of any hazards such as buttons, long ribbons, removable pieces.
- A donation to the Lawrence General Annual Fund is always greatly appreciated and will help support the mission of our hospital. If you would like to make a gift please donate now.
Community members wishing to donate items to Lawrence General Hospital or its patients, should contact Volunteer Services. You may reach the coordinator on weekdays during business hours at 978-683-4000
, ext. 2645. If preferred, you can email her at Brenda.LeBlanc@lawrencegeneral.org
. Your request will then be arranged with the appropriate hospital departments and personnel to facilitate your giving.
Lawrence General patients and staff are incredibly grateful for your generous donations.