Monitoring Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Lawrence Community COVID-19 Testing Center
COVID-19 Vaccine Information (Call 978-946-8490)
How to View Your COVID-19 Test Results
Suspension of Elective Inpatient Surgery
Hospital Visitor Policy
Lawrence General Hospital has remained committed to safely caring for patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. Throughout the public health crisis, and as we resume elective procedures in accordance with the four-phase guidance issued to hospitals by Governor Baker and the Massachusetts Department of Health and Human Services, our priority continues to be the health and safety of patients and staff.
We will continue following stringent infection prevention processes and implementing specific precautions to ensure a safe environment for essential patient care services. Here are some of the new changes you'll see on your next visit to Lawrence General Hospital:
- Use of masks and face coverings by everyone in the hospital
- Screening of possible COVID-19 symptoms for all incoming patients
- Separate care zones for COVID and non-COVID care
- Social distancing measures and visual prompts in reception areas and throughout the hospital
- Frequent cleanings and thorough disinfecting
- Restricted visitor policy and expanded time between scheduled appointments
- Receptionist uses protective gloves to receive identification and insurance cards before removing gloves and using hand sanitizer
We hope these new proactive measures and our continued commitment to safety give you peace of mind knowing Lawrence General Hospital is prepared to safely meet your health care needs.
The process of receiving care may look different, but one thing that will never change is Lawrence General Hospital's commitment to meeting the wide-ranging health care needs of Merrimack Valley.
Common COVID-19 Symptoms
- New sore throat
- New cough
- New runny nose or nasal congestion
- New muscle aches
- New shortness of breath
- New loss of smell
Visitor Policy (Updated March 11, 2021)
Limited Visiting Hours: 4 - 7 pm, daily
Lawrence General has updated its visitor policy due to decreasing community spread of COVID-19. These measures are designed to protect the health and safety of patients and staff. The policy is effective on Thursday, March 11.
- Allowing one (1) designated in-person visitor for all adult patients during new visiting hours. New visiting hours are 4 – 7 pm, seven days a week.
- One adult visitor allowed per adult patient.
- Exceptions Include: COVID-positive patients at end of life, maternity, pediatrics, and surgical services.
- For patients, hospital entrances remain the Main Lobby and Emergency Center.
- No visitors under the age of 18 years old are allowed in the hospital. People waiting to visit a patient should not enter the hospital until the time of their visit.
Approved Exceptions that Remain
- Emergency Center: No visitors for EC patients, but there are exceptions for end of life patients.
- COVID-Positive Patients: Compassionate care situations for COVID-19 positive patients, including but not limited to end-of-life situations are recognized as valid circumstances under which visitors may be considered on a case-by case basis. They may be permitted one adult visitor over the age of 18 that will remain the same person throughout the duration of the patient’s admission. Duration of in-room visit will be no longer than 15 minutes.
- Screening completed by hospital personnel
- Mask covering nose and mouth
- Hand sanitizer applied
Lawrence General routinely conducts reviews around our preparedness for coronavirus and have put in place safety protocols based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Massachusetts Department of Public Health (DPH).
On Campus Shuttle Service
As a precautionary social distancing measure, the hospital is temporarily suspending all shuttle services as of Monday, March 16. This includes shuttle rides for visitors, patients, and staff from the parking lots and to Marston and Canal Street.