Lawrence General Hospital is committed to providing patients with an extensive range of programs and services bridged together to build a model for comprehensive health care. These efforts have led us to broaden the scope of Cardiac Care by expanding our services to include Cardiac Rehabilitation.
If you’ve suffered a cardiac event, Cardiac Rehabilitation is an exercise and lifestyle modification program that provides individualized care specific to your physical abilities and goals. This includes education, counseling, and behavioral intervention tailored to the patients’ individual needs. In addition to individualized exercise programs, risk reduction education is provided in both a group setting as well as individually. Cardiac Rehabilitation is associated with a 20-30% reduction in all-cause mortality rates. Patients are closely monitored during the program by an RN/Exercise Specialist who is not only experienced in Cardiac Rehab but also in Basic Life Support & Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
Features of the Cardiac Rehabilitation program include:
- Brand new exercise equipment including treadmills, recumbent bike, elliptical, airdynes bikes, Nustep cross trainer, arm ergometer, and free weights.
- Convenient class times beginning as early as 7:15 am and ending at 4:30 pm. Classes meet 3 times per week on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, effective April 1st. 2017.
- Cardiac rehabilitation is covered by Medicare and most health insurance plans.
- Conveniently located in Suite 106 of the Marston Medical Building located at 25 Marston Street Lawrence, MA.
- The program complies with the American Association of Cardiac & Pulmonary Rehab, the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services, the Joint Commission, and the American College of Sports Medicine.
For more information or for a referral, patients and physicians may call the Cardiac Rehabilitation Department at 978-946-8399. Hours of operation are Monday - Thursday.